Join Nicasa’s team and help build brighter futures
Nicasa offers empowering positions at competitive salaries. There are multiple positions available as of 03/17/2017.
Youth Counselor – Bilingual Spanish
Nicasa has an opening for a part-time youth counselor who is a strong team player who is able to work independently. The counselor will work with adolescents and families. This position requires communication and coordination of services with a wide variety of referral sources. The position is 20 hours per week; evenings and Saturdays.
Minimum requirements for candidates include: 2 years experience working with adolescents; proven success in working with extremely problematic youth; LPC or LSW or equivalent. Bilingual/bicultural for the Hispanic population is required.
Adult Counselor – Bilingual Spanish
Nicasa has an opening for a part-time or full-time adult counselor who is a strong team player who is able to work independently. The counselor will work with adult men and women. This position requires communication and coordination of services with a wide variety of referral sources. Hours may include evenings and Saturdays.
Minimum requirements for candidates include: Bilingual/bicultural for the Hispanic population is required.
Nicasa has an opening for a part-time or full-time certified counselor to provide outreach to the community; intervention and treatment to problem gamblers and their families.
Requirements include: Current PCGC credential or meet the qualifications to sit for the exam, CADC with proof of specialized training in gambling disorder, and a passion for working with problem gamblers and their families. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus. Must have basic computer skills and be able to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
Client Services Specialist
Nicasa has an opening for a client services specialist at our Round Lake and Waukegan offices. This position requires a High school diploma or equivalent. At least 1 year of customer service experience. This person must possess good communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Must have the ability to work independently but also function as a strong team member. Must have excellent computer skills. Bilingual a plus.
- Greet clients and answer incoming phone calls in a friendly, professional manner.
- Schedule appointments
- Gather data from clients for input into database.
- Scan client files into electronic record.
- Provide clients with referrals to other community resources that are available.
- Assist clinical staff in arranging referrals to other professionals, agencies, community programs or other appropriate resources to meet client’s needs.
- Prepare receipts.
- Check in clients and collect payments as well as closing out at the end of the day and balancing.
- Insurance verification.
- Participate in ongoing supervisions and consultation.
- Attend staff and training meetings/programs as requested.
- Adhere to all applicable laws, including HIPAA, relating to protecting client confidentiality.
- Assist in clarifying and providing information concerning the treatment plan to clients and significant others as needed.
- Typing and word-processing all client/court correspondence.
- Bank reconciliations
- Monthly invoice preparation
- Administrative activities, i.e. letter writing, typing, filing, data entry and general office work
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
There are several part-time positions available at our Round Lake office Monday-Friday from 8am-12pm and/or 4pm-8pm. Scheduling with hours are flexible.
Bridge House Night Staff
Nicasa has part-time positions available for Night Attendants for the Waukegan Bridge House facility. Overnight hours and weekends. Must be 21 years old and have a high school diploma. Familiar with substance abuse issues a plus.
• Ability to appropriately respond to any crisis, emergency or trauma which occurs
• Routine inspections of Bridge House for purposes of fire and safety code compliance and other safety violations.
• Responsibility for answering the phones while on duty.
• Maintain a log of all incidents and pertinent activities.
• Regulate curfew hours and conduct bed checks.
• Dispense medication in accordance with Nicasa’s policies.
• Supervise clients during extracurricular activities.
• Attend all staff meetings.
Nicasa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resumes to Human Resources by mail, email, or fax. No telephone calls please.
Mail: 31979 N. Fish Lake Road
Round Lake, IL 60073
Nicasa regularly has non-paid intern/practicum positions available for students in the substance abuse and behavioral health fields. Intern positions are available in both youth and adult programming. Bilingual a plus.
For internship opportunities, please email your resume.