Nicasa is a participating agency in the “A Way Out” program initiated by the Lake County Opioid Initiative. The program is a law enforcement assisted diversion program that gives drug users a way to get help without fear of criminal charges.
Treatment at Nicasa
Nicasa offers outpatient and intensive outpatient substance abuse treatment programs for adolescents and adults. Individuals referred through “A Way Out” will be enrolled in treatment services based on the recommendations of their initial screening and a full evaluation/assessment by the participating treatment agency. An individualized treatment plan will be created for each participant based on his or her unique needs and goals.
How the program works
- Drug users go to a participating Police Department and ask to join the “A Way Out” program.
- A clinician from the Lake County Health Department will do an immediate phone screening/evaluation and recommend either inpatient or outpatient treatment.
- Individuals in acute withdrawal will be transported to a local hospital for stabilization in preparation for treatment services.
- Depending on the severity of the addiction and their location, the individual will be transported to either:
- Nicasa (if in need of outpatient or intensive outpatient services in western Lake County
- Lake County Health Department (if in need of outpatient or intensive outpatient services in eastern Lake County)
- Gateway (if in need of inpatient services)
- The individual will begin treatment services without criminal charges or legal ramifications.
For additional information on A Way Out, please visit awayoutlc.org.